Your vehicle’s suspension (shocks and struts) not only keeps your journey smooth, but also helps important control functions like turning, stopping and stabilizing. If you notice any of the following symptoms in your vehicle, have it checked out by a trusted auto mechanic to see if it needs service and make sure it is safe for you and your family:
• You feel every bump - If your suspension is not doing its job of keeping your ride smooth, it is probably worn and could lead to further damage.
• You hear every bump - Hearing creaks, knocks or squeaks whenever you hit a bump or go over train tracks is a sign your suspension is wearing out.
• Your steering is “off” - Your suspension is closely involved in the steering and control of your vehicle too. If your steering “just doesn’t feel right,” it could be a problem with the suspension.
• Your car “nose dives” when you stop - When your car lurches forward at every stop sign, your suspension isn’t working right. In fact, a bad suspension can slow stop times by up to 20%.
• Your car “drifts” or leans when you turn - Your suspension helps keep your car upright when you turn, so leaning on turns is not just a sign of a bad suspension; it also could mean a higher chance of rollovers.
• Check if the corners are even - If one corner sits low, or if the car is uneven, it’s a sign that your suspension is wearing out.
• Check the tire treads - Your suspension keeps your tires even, so uneven tread wear or odd wear patterns are a symptom of a bad suspension.
• Do the “bounce test” - Lean your weight on the front of your vehicle, bounce a couple times, and then let go. (You can do the same thing on the back.) If it keeps bouncing two or three times, it’s overdue for service.
Get a free safety evaluation from the ASE certified technicians at A+ Automotive to find out if your suspension has some life left or if it needs to be taken care of right away. If it needs repair, our expert mechanics can help you get your car safe and riding right for a fair price.
Chris and workers helped quickly get us repaired for an upcoming trip- Afterwards one line developed a cooling leak several months after installation Owner Chris worked together with us to make situation right. Professional and helpful. Shop is usually very busy a good sign. Chris and his shop stand behind their work and obviously he is a guy proud of his shop and workmanship ! Fair and cooperative - pleased with solution he and partner Tony provided. Truck back on the road and would not hesitate to return for future repairs... Honest Hardworking Family owned and operated business!
- from Angie's List